Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Few Shots Before Winter Returns!






I've enjoyed a couple of sunny days and got some interesting photos, but the forecast and the gossip agree we're in for more rain and possibly snow. As I roamed around some new areas today, I recalled Darwin's comment, "all observation must be for or against some view if it is to be of any service." I realized that I am almost always captivated by this point-of-view when I'm out wandering. I guess the view that is constantly being reinforced is that all life shares a common ancestry and I am as much kin to the filaree, butterfly and centipede above as I am to my fellow mammals. And I am reminded again of Montaigne's statement, "Miracles arise from our ignorance of nature, not from nature itself." So, I'm out there trying to reduce my ignorance.

No comments:

Post a Comment