Saturday, April 17, 2010

Back to Relaxing with My Camera









I actually took a relaxing walk with my camera today after spending a frenzied week getting my photo show together. The bottom three pictures here were candidates, but only the caterpillar made the final cut. It's an Anise Swallowtail Butterfly caterpillar on a Fennell bush here in Quincy. It was a great thrill for me to be paid a visit by a friend and former student of mine from 45 years ago who came up to Quincy and helped me hang the photos.
The bottom three photos were taken during the past year. Among today's photos were those of a frog in my front yard, a Pacific Coast Chorus Frog. My wife took the photo of me with my camera at Snake Lake, and the Redbud is in all its glory about 50 miles from Quincy in the lower reaches of Feather River Canyon. Soon the buds will give way to leaves, then seed pods. The top photo is of a flower I don't know. The pinkish, five-petaled one. It might be a kind of phlox. In my unpaved drive-way, lots of them are starting to bloom among the swaths of Whitlow Grass, the white, four-petaled ones. If anyone recognizes it, please send me the scoop. Thanks.
Meanwhile, if you're in Quincy, please check out my photos at the Plumas County Museum. The show is called "My Biophilia: An Attitude toward Nature." It'll run through April 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment