Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Quincy After the Storm





Lots of flowers blooming in Quincy today. Will post tomorrow a.m., after much needed sleep! This one's in front of Morning Thunder. See ya there at 7:00 a.m.?
Well, it's Thursday morning, and I'm posting a few of the pics I promised to post yesterday. After my morning coffee (Decaf, Bib), I spent the whole day making picture frames for the show I'm supposed to hang on Friday. I don't know how I'll finish. Just keep glueing all day today, I guess.
A note on the photos. I usually don't go around photographing domesticated flowers in the neighborhood. I tend to think of them, like cows, as pathetically weakened versions of their wild ancestors. But, when the main point is color, and we've had lots of gray days lately, I got motivated. The garden in front of Morning Thunder is full of tulips and daffodils, and it's always fun to try for a new angle. Also, their degree of openness and angle toward the sun keep changing, producing all sorts of photo possibilities. The museum, where my show is going, has some nice landscaping and interesting flowers. I doubt if I'll take any pictures today as I must finish my matting and framing. However, sometimes I just can't help myself. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment