Friday, April 30, 2010

Sorry, weeds....

I thought I'd better confess before someone catches me. After having written often in support of weeds (a theme of the book I'm writing), I found myself today in collusion with gardeners on the other side of the equation. The raised bed you see here is in the garden of the school where I work. Today, we had a small work crew weeding the garden in preparation for planting. It was fun, but I have to admit I winced a little. You see, the weeded, L-shaped area is what I weeded today. It's the very spot where last week I photographed one of my favorite weeds - henbit dead nettle - and posted the photos on my own blog (see below) and the Bloom blog of the Plumas Visitors Bureau. Oh, well, we need our vegetables. Sorry, henbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment