Monday, October 11, 2010

A Little Color Downtown







This is not a paid advertisement for Quincy Natural Foods! I thought that since my last post featured groups of aphids on their sunflower leaves (which I find beautiful), the least I could do was to feature some of QNFs activities that everyone would agree are beautiful. The raised bed garden across the street from the main store is inspiring. I hope the practice spreads. Stop by and take a closer look. There are ripe and ripening vegetables as well as a good variety of colorful flowers. The fifth photo from the top is a leaf of Cascara Buckthorn in my driveway. When lit from behind they glow and are perfect examples of pinnate venation. Not a spectacular-looking bush except when you get up close and look for details. Next photo is a photo of my photo that is currently hanging at Main Street Artists where the currently featured artist is Diane Lipscomb of FRC. A most unusual and eye-catching exhibit. Don't miss it. Another contribution to Quincy culture is the Tale Spinners, a group dedicated to resurrecting the art of storytelling. The last photo was taken at the bulletin board by Papa Murphy's (also not a paid ad).

No comments:

Post a Comment