Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pictorial Ode to Quincy's One-Stop






They don't call it One-Stop for nothing. Fuel for vehicles, food and drink for the body, and friendly service. As an added bonus, as I was filling my tank on a foggy morning, I was standing next to a cement flower pot with an incredible variety of brightly-colored, domesticated flowers. Regular visitors to this blog know I am biased in favor of the wild over the domestic, bug photos over people photos, and the unusual over the usual. But today it was a pleasure to photograph these while filling my tank in the fog. I don't know what any of them are, so I could enjoy their beauty uncomplicated by knowledge. However, another of my biases is that if I gain some knowledge of these plants, they'll seem even more beautiful. Thank you to whomever thought to beautify the gas pumps.

No comments:

Post a Comment