Saturday, October 30, 2010

Spirit of Halloween





Yesterday I needed to take some photos of our school's Fall Fest, a celebration of science and math as well as the season. I'm not a natural when it comes to photographing people, so I was out of my element all day long. That is, except when distracted by nature. Heading today's photos is one of my son's seasonal science experiment, the vomiting pumpkin. Fun. Although I'd rather make a pie. Then, forever distracted from my duties by the natural surroundings, I was scanning the ridge between Mt. Hough and Argentine Peak when I spotted a controlled burn. Nice fall scene. I wished I was up there. Then, I took a break with a couple of little kids in the school garden looking for bugs. Found an earthworm and an earwig. Finally, back to the pavement where the annual egg-drop contest was going on, and I photographed a nice maple leaf. All the while, I was daydreaming about people who photograph people for a living and probably consider the bugs that I photograph distractions. I think I got some good pictures, even though I was not at the top of my game. I'll need a warm, sunny day with bugs to get back into my groove. Not many more chances before winter. Plenty of time to write from memory though.

No comments:

Post a Comment