Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Sunny Day in the Mountains




It struck me again today what a beautiful place this is. I showed our guest from Georgia the brightest, reddest maple tree in the neighborhood and my favorite coffee shop. Then, as I approached the construction zone north of the Keddie Y, I saw a scene I've photographed every year for several years [3rd photo from top], a dogwood and maple in their fullest red and yellow against a green background of Douglas-fir. The I stopped by Indian Creek just north of where it joins Spanish Creek to form the East Branch of the North Fork of the Feather River, the place known locally as the Greenville Y. AS I headed on toward Greenville, I saw lots of beautiful Bigleaf Maple [previous post] and Poison Oak as well as a nice-looking fly. The fly was buzzing around some blooming chicory, but I could never get her to sit still on a flower long enough for a photo. Here [fourth photo down] she probably thought she was hiding from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment