Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Playing with Paint











Drove through dense morning fog today, the grayness punctuated by splashes of bright orange and yellow from the California Black Oak and Bigleaf Maple along the way. The dark green of the surrounding pines and firs made the color of the broadleaf trees even more intense. Didn't stop for photos as I didn't want to get rear-ended in the fog. But, when I got to work, I found the colors in the landscaped shrubs and trees equally impressive. Here are ten photos from Crescent Street in Greenville. The set is framed with two I'm familiar with, the aster and the deer droppings. The rest are part of someone's landscaping and I'm not that familiar with nursery plants. I just loved the variety of subtle color. As for the morning drive, the orange and yellow viewed through the fog were rather one-dimensional, but, on the way home, when it was sunny, it seemed as though there were hundreds of shades of orange and yellow and little red. These colors really stood out when surrounded by the evergreens. Hard to keep one's eyes on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment