Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Adventures in Nature Journaling



On a rainy evening, I decided to do some "nature" journaling - indoors! I got a Red-shafted Flicker feather and a bird's nest from my collection and drew and painted them on my dining room table, finishing off a page I started last Sunday (see previous post). Then I added a drawing/painting of Tidy Tips from a photo I took last Friday. The photo is on one of last Sunday's posts.
The first session of my class, Adventures in Nature Journaling, is set to begin Saturday, June 4. We'll meet at Feather River College for the first session, then at a different spot for each of the following three Saturdays - June 11, 18, and 25. Particulars will appear in the Feather River Bulletin and on the college's website soon. Or, you can e-mail me.
We have also schedule a second session for four Friday afternoons in July, the 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th. Still another session in August - the Friday afternoons of August 4, 11, 18, and 25. Meet-up times and locations for all of these dates will be advertised soon and will be available upon registration. Hope to see you. I've designed this workshop so that you can indulge your interests in photography, art, and writing in any combination. My focus is on how to see and recognize what's out there in terms of biodiversity, ecological relationships, aesthetics, etc. Participants will be assisted in developing their journals in any number of directions according to individual interests and skills. My e-mail: blackoaknaturalist@att.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment