Saturday, May 7, 2011

Irresistable Flowers




Despite what I said in last post, I took one more look through the photos in today's file and couldn't resist posting a few now. I really love dandelions, so I'm trying to gather many different images of them, with and without visiting bugs, and from any different angles. I found this bud elegant, not unlike a space capsule. The middle photos is of Cascara Buckthorn, a shrub or small tree that has very sleek leaves and, later on, attractive clusters of berries, although their flowers are not particularly showy. The bottom photo is of Arrowleaf Balsamroot, a plant that is blooming profusely around 3,500' elevation where I live. The leaf shape is what easily distinguishes it from Mules Ears, although the latter won't be blooming until a few more weeks pass. I'll post some comparison shots when they arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment