Thursday, October 6, 2011

Booting Up at the Cafe



This morning I woke up to a scene that some would call dreary, but I found it exciting. Sometimes any sort of change is exciting. Raised in New England, I have come to expect four seasons with all the thrills and complaints that accompany them. I used a large, waterproof envelope to shield my camera and capture two views of the storm in my front yard, then headed for one of my favorite "hangouts," an internet cafe. I noticed in this environment replete with many forms of caffeine and radio waves, that I was surrounded by fellow writers and artists booting up. Booting up brains on caffeine and computers on the WiFi service. This is a nice spot to eavesdrop on traffic entering town. I never thought of it this way before, but because of our split, one-way "main" street, the Alley Cat Cafe is a perfect place to see who's coming into town from the West. My other favorite meet-up place is Morning Thunder where one can observe who's leaving town in a westerly direction. Either way, the habit of holing up on a rainy/snowy day with other creative people is a pleasure and lots of what appears in this blog was hatched at one of these two locales. Thank you to the respective hostesses!

No comments:

Post a Comment