Thursday, May 3, 2012

Odds 'n Ends on a Sunny/Rainy Thursday



I'll probably be too busy today to take a hike with camera, and I'd probably get interrupted by rain anyway.  So, here's a snail crossing a sidewalk in Roseburg, Oregon, sent by my friend Mike, a former Quincy pal.  That is formerly of Quincy, still a pal.  We're always comparing the weather by email.  He likes his and I like ours.
Then I have this shot of Forsythia from the FRC campus that I inadvertently left off yesterday's post.  I still can't get used to the fact that these flowers as well as Lilacs are in the Olive Family, Oleaceae.  Also, as pretty as the flowers were yesterday, I was really more impressed by the sky.  My wife, from South Carolina, has said many times she's never seen skies as blue as Quincy's anywhere else.  No filters or tricks used here.  I just pushed the button!
Last, the Umbrella Plant, Darmera peltata, formerly known as Indian Rhubarb, is blooming in the sunnier places around Quincy.  Spanish Creek, Indian Creek, and their tributaries are the places to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment