Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Too Slow for the Technology

Try to imagine the photo I missed.  I'm trying to get used to the hand-me-down iPod Touch my wife gave me, so I walked to the library with it in my chest pocket.  My initial interest was to use it as a voice recorder so I could "take notes" while driving or on other situations where brilliant ideas would occur but were not convenient or safe for taking notes on paper.   And today Bib introduced me to a Voice to Text program that will allow me to transcribe these verbal notes into type with the push of a button.  Amazing!  But, I'm getting ahead of myself. 
As I was returning from the library, I spotted a shiny bright, blue Wood Wasp in my driveway that was carrying an anesthetized or dead spider bigger than itself.  I knew the iPod had a camera in it somewhere, so I gave it a try.  So many buttons and so little time.  At least to this beginner it seemed like a lot of buttons.  To make a long story shorter, my fiddling around spooked the wasp and she dropped the spider before I could click the shutter, or even find out if this camera has a shutter.
For now, I think I need to keep on carrying the camera I know how to operate and practice with the iPod in non-critical situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment