Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Five Minute Distraction

 I'm still choosing from photos I took the first part of the week on great hikes to Spanish Peak, Butterfly Valley, Keddie Cascades, and Mt. Hough.  Took a break to run to the store, but was stopped in my tracks by a beautiful Orb Weaver occupying a web above my front deck.  Sunset was under way, so my son and I took turns grabbing shots of the spider using different combinations of automatic and manual features of my camera.  One could say it was poor lighting, but I'm pleased with the variety of results, some showing details of the spider, and others showing interesting backgrounds and composition.



 In the process, we eventually disturbed the spider so she pulled in her legs which made for another interesting composition.
 My son Ryan got this last one as the sunset became more intense and the spider was just beginning to unfold her legs again.  But, we had to continue with our errand.
 It was killing me to have to complete this errand quickly and I was driving down Main Street watching the sunset in my rear view mirror.  But, when we got to Safeway, it was still a brilliant sky, so I got a few nice shots as I stepped out of the car...

 ...including one of the crescent moon.
Hopefully, tomorrow I'll catch up with posting photos of this week's hiking adventures.
Meanwhile, you can see some of these by going to www.plumascounty.org and clicking on the Awesome Autumn link.  Scroll downward and you'll see my photos from three local trails plus lots of other photos of fall colors by other Quincy photographers.

No comments:

Post a Comment