Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Hot Afternoon

Cruising around American Valley this afternoon, impressed by the totally brown, dried-out fields, and looking for something to photograph, I came across a small patch of green, accented by spots of yellow.  I parked and walked over to investigate.  Turns out it was a place where horses are watered and leave parts of themselves behind.  We call it fertilizer.  I was taken by the variety of very fresh looking poppies and the perfect, low lighting coming from the western sky. 


I played around with poppy photography for a little while, then came across some globes of Salsify seeds that had seem nice color in the background.
I recommend clicking on these photos for close-up views of the detail.  Each seed is an architectural wonder.
And, the hardy Start Thistle was still playing host to honey bees.   Not many flowers left to feed the bees.  I wonder what Star Thistle Honey tastes like.

No comments:

Post a Comment