Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Paradigm Shift

 It snowed last night.  A couple of ski resorts opened.  The Oak Treehoppers are gone.  I had to scrape snow off my windshield in the dark and take flash pictures of the snow while still half asleep.  To the extent my blog is known for wildflowers and bugs, I'm suddenly having to contemplate: will I draw upon my spring and summer archives in order to tell nature stories during the winter, or will I get myself better prepared for winter photography?  Another option is to drive down to Chico once in a while and do some exploring and photography where they don't really have a winter. 
Here's still another option, and I think I like this one best:  I am writing a book, largely based on my blogging from August 2011 through August 2012.  Certain chosen blog posts during that time frame will be my launching pad for some better-developed essays and political/social/economic diversions.  I might consider serializing the book as I write it, much in the manner of Charles Dickens in the 19th Century.  Only I'd include lots of teasers and hints, holding back just enough material that you couldn't resist buying the book when it's done.  This project was formerly known as "A Crack in the Sidewalk."  As my ideas have evolved, I'm now thinking of a more appropriate title: "Get Lost."

2 comments:

  1. I vote come to Chico and see all that Table Mountain has to offer these fine days!

    Cheers

    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Table Mountain and donuts. I'll come.

    ReplyDelete