Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Morning After, Part 1

We were bracing ourselves for snow, but got only rain.  This set of photos is only about the aesthetics of rain drops.  However, the moisture brought about interesting changes.  Bugs that had been deep under ground, below the hard, dry clay on the surface, decided it was safe to come back and explore.
I found Earwigs, Pill Bugs, and Beetles under the boards I always leave at the edge of my lawn.  The rain was still falling on Tuesday, so I expect worms to join the party soon.





It just got light enough outside for me to see that we got an inch or two of snow last night.  It will be interesting to see if my boards offer enough protection for the bugs and worms to stay a while.  They'll know before the weather man if winter's here to stay.  And they don't even get paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment