Monday, November 19, 2012

November in My Neighborhood

 During my two weeks off from blogging, I often wandered my neighborhood looking for unusual perspectives on scenes we often take for granted.  One neighbor's sunflowers had all gone to seed and most were collapsing into the soil.  This one that still stood tall looked especially nice from behind.
 A neighbor's low brick retaining wall at the foot of my driveway was beautified by a recent resurrection of the moss that had been dry and brown since early August. 

We found that the spider plant in our kitchen had become a breeding ground for fruit flies.  We decided to put it out on the back deck.  It suffered through a snow storm and several days of freezing weather only to bloom on the first warm day afterwards.  Defiance!  It earned the right to come back inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment