Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sneak Prevue

 Why the misspelling?  I read somewhere that misspellings were often a good marketing "tool."  You know, like "donut" and "koffee kup."  Or, "faire."  So, when I was in high school and Sneak Prevues were all the rage, I wondered "why do they say sneak if they're telling everyone?"  Anyway, it worked.  So here we have a preview of my recent Butterfly Valley trip.  Not quite finished with text for Quincy to Grass Valley, Part 4, and another local wandering in Quincy, but there were so many great sightings in Butterfly Valley last Sunday that I can't keep it all inside.  Here are a couple of shots of the Bear Grass from a place near Butterfly Valley that my friend Rob Conover told me about.
Very impressive plant.  A good year for it.  I've heard other reports of large patches near the Berkeley Forestry Camp near Meadow Valley and on up through Dean's Valley.  Go take a look while it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment