Tuesday, July 16, 2013

For Spencer

 This set of poppy photos from my archive is the result of an interesting conversation with fellow photographer/wildflower lover Spencer Dykstra.  Please check out his excellent work at Spencer Dykstra Photography.  I included a current photo of a poppy in my last post along with a comment about why I seldom photograph poppies.  I had relegated them to the category of photo cliche and didn't want to be seen as just one more producer of standardized post cards.  Spencer liked my photo more than I did, and motivated me to take another look at the poppies.  He was right.  There's always a new angle, new lighting, new background, or a new motivation for photographing a poppy.



On my way to work today, I am going to stop and smell the poppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment