Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Beating Around the Bush

 Here's the blank journal I've referred to in recent posts that is screaming out for attention.  So, still a bit stuck in a habit pattern, I photographed it. 
 Then, I took the second step and opening it and got out a pencil.
 I went still further and made a slightly colorful "date box" and showed off my holster of artist's weapons.
 Here's a close-up.  Pretty bold of me to commit to a date - namely, TODAY.  So, I must draw something before bed time.
Here's the journal and holster, packed for travel.  I've narrowed today's subject down to two prospects - a drawing from the season's last photo of Oak Treehoppers or a cluster of cute brown fungi that have popped up in the same spot where the Orange Peel Fungi have disappeared for the season.  But, meanwhile, until a drawing actually materializes, I am still "beating around the bush."

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps "beating around the bush" could serve as your subject matter. Having a blank journal is exciting and terrifying all at once, at least for me. I tend to hoard blank notebooks with grand ambitions of filling them all with beautiful drawings. At the rate I'm going, I'll be fortunate to fill one within 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. I think. :) I actually began my first artsy entry in that scary journal. I chose the Treehoppers. Might be another day or two of stolen moments before it's ready for posting. Meanwhile, I like that idea of a title for my subject matter. Could even bring the "burning bush" back into the picture. I'm mostly encouraged by the fact that I have completed a half-dozen or so art/writing journals in the past. Just having a little trouble regaining traction.

    ReplyDelete