Sunday, December 1, 2013

Needs a Grow Light

 It's been 25 days since I rescued this weed from my front yard, and it's looking like it won't make it through the winter.  Not enough light.  It's growing taller and looking paler.  I might never find out what species it is.  It gets the first morning sun from a window facing East, but there are trees filtering the light, and the arc of the sun toward the South puts it behind a dense grove of Douglas-firs.  Most likely it won't survive unless I invest in a light, which I don't plan to do.
I see another "weed" in the foreground which will probably meet the same fate.  It was fun while it lasted.

2 comments:

  1. A grow light for an actual "weed"... I love it! Poor little guy. Thanks for the update on its progress. I'm rather attached to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too. I might try a little lamp nearby, but we'll see.

    ReplyDelete