Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Currently Blooming Near Quincy

 In the vicinity of Oakland Camp, 7 miles NW of Quincy.  Scarlet Fritillary.
 Showy Phlox.
 Red Larkspur, or Delphinium.
 Pine Violet.
 Checker Bloom.
 False Solomon's Seal.
Arrowleaf Balsamroot.  That's all for April.  Hoping to have more time to add natural history lore during the month of May.  Also, I still have more from Oakland Camp area and the Feather River Canyon taken this past week.  Will post later today.  Lots of things starting to bloom.  Drought conditions showing, but not yet disastrous.

2 comments:

  1. Nice series Joe, I especially like the Scarlet Fritillary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Spencer. I think I've taken better photos of the Fritillary, but in this series I rather like the Checker Bloom. Are you familiar with Speedwell, Veronica? See my next post and tell me if I got it right.

    ReplyDelete