Sunday, October 4, 2015

Default Flowers, Part I

 Maybe default isn't the right word for it, but it's how I felt when I took these photos.  You see, when I was having lunch with a friend at Patti's Thunder around 1:00, it was warm and sunny.  Not a cloud in the sky.  We were outside, next to the flower garden, and there were dozens of insects visiting the flowers, courting, etc., and I vowed to get my camera after lunch and come back for some insect photography.  I was particularly intent on photographing the Cabbage Whites that were abundant, and mating in mid-air.  By the time I got back, the day was unraveling.  A storm was moving in.  It got cloudy and cooler very fast, and all the bugs were gone.  Well, I guess I can celebrate Patti's great work of art after all, even though I missed the bugs.
 Marigolds, Nasturtiums, and many other bright ones adorn this fairly small space beneath the grape vines that are producing well.  This is part I of two sets of Patti's flowers.  I'll be back during the next warm spell.




No comments:

Post a Comment