Saturday, October 10, 2015

Nature's Influence?

 Ever since humans could dream, they have probably dreamed of flying.  DaVinci remarkably imagined a future of bicycles and flying machines.  Aeronautical engineers have certainly studied bees, dragonflies, and birds in order to uncover the magic of flight.  I got to wondering about nature's influence on design the other day when i drove by this small plane parked in a hangar at Quincy's airport.  It reminded me a large, motorized version of the Oak Treehoppers I have been photographing recently as I have been doing during this season for several years.
 I wonder if the person who painted the plane was influenced by the design of these bugs.  They really can fly, although most of the times I have disturbed them, they have hopped away - thus their name.

No comments:

Post a Comment