Monday, July 4, 2016

Producing Photo "Ops"

I'm beginning to think that the secret to finding scenes like this is to forget to bring my camera.  I've been walking by this spot in Boyle Ravine for ten years and have never before seen Washington Lilies.  Today, while walking our dogs up the Ravine, there were two fully-blooming Washington Lilies, each with a cluster of 6 blossoms, right at the edge of the trail.  I saw the stems and leaves a couple of weeks ago and assumed they were Leopard Lilies which I've seen here often.  But they bloomed over the weekend and are Lilium washingtonianum.  Fortunately (I can't believe I'm saying this!), my wife had her camera.  I have this Luddite resistance to taking photos with a phone, just like I initially resisted digital photography.  But film is essentially gone, and I am getting used to the advantages of digital.  Maybe some day I'll be taking photos with a phone, but so far I'm resisting even owning one.  Click on the photo for a closer view.  Extraordinary plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment