Monday, February 26, 2018

Stone Age Snow Gauge

 Looks like about a foot, but I don't think they had rulers back then.  But it matches my foot, and it's still snowing.  I was about to write "we return to normal," but I think normal is undergoing revision. 
 I got my 2WD pickup stuck at the side of my driveway, then went out to do some necessary errands in m wife's AWD Subaru.  Although I had no trouble getting around, the other drivers scared me.  A woman in a small red sedan tried to change lanes in front of me and did a 360.  Luckily, I had enough traction to avoid her, but I couldn't help but wish I had avoided her big smile.  Since there was no collision, she'll probably remember the event as fun.
This shot reminds me that I haven't thought about snow loads for several years.  With another storm forecast for latter half of the week, I am thinking about snow loads again.  Much needed moisture is welcome despite the surprises and inconveniences.

No comments:

Post a Comment