Saturday, February 17, 2018

Trying to understand the past

 I'm reposting these two images from my January musings by way of explaining the absence of posts for nearly a month.  I've re-named the above image "Age 6" and the one below "Age 70 something."
The first clearly is connected somehow in my memory bank to the second.  Also rattling around in the mix is the influence of Richard Dawkins' book Unweaving the Rainbow."  The central issue in that book was the question of whether scientific understanding of natural phenomena enhances or diminishes one's experience of said phenomena.  Newton's demonstration that white light (AKA sunlight) is composed of a mixture of many wavelengths (colors) that can be separated as by a prism or in nature by raindrops and mist.
These thoughts are all connected to my attempt to put together a kind of memoir of my life's experiences in education as student, parent, and instructor.  Wish me luck.  See the column to the left of this post for another version of this update.

No comments:

Post a Comment